Enfield Racial Equality Council
Enfield Racial Equality Councilís mission is to actively promote and seek to implement a racially just, fair and equitable society which will enhance the quality of life for all who live, work and learn in the London Borough of Enfield.
- To establish EREC as the leading organisation in promoting and delivering community cohesion within the London Borough of Enfield.
- To review, monitor, appraise and respond to issues affecting black and ethnic minorities in Enfield.
- To encourage co-operation among all people in the borough regardless of race, ethnicity, colour, religion, gender, disability, age and sexual orientation, in a multi-racial society.
- To develop a proactive approach in the raising of EREC's public profile and its contribution to Enfield's multi racial community.
- To ensure that EREC, as an employer and service provider, demonstrates excellent equalities practice itself, throughout all of its activities.
Community Mentorship Project
EREC has received funding for a small project up to March 2012 from Enfield Council to support and mentor BME Women’s organisations. The purpose of the funding is to build the capacity of selected organisations so that they can increase the support they currently provide to their members and service users who are seeking work...
» Read More
Strategic Race and Equalities Forum
The Strategic Race and Equalities Forum meets every 3 to 4 months to discuss and make recommendations on key issues relating to race and local Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) communities...
» Read More